Free Training:Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster
Are you a small business owner, homeowner, or individual citizen who wants to learn more about protecting your home or small business from disaster?
There’s a free, online self-paced Independent Study course offered by FEMA and the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) just for you!
The purpose of this course is to provide a foundation of knowledge that will enable participants to:
- Describe different types of natural disasters
- Describe hazards that pose a risk to their home or small business
- Explain how protective measures can reduce or eliminate long-term risks to their home and personal property from hazards and their effects
- Explain how protective measures for small businesses secure people, business property, and building structures and prevent business loss from a natural disaster
Follow these steps to take this training online:
1. Register for a Student Identification (SID) number: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
2. Once you receive your SID, access the IS Course here:
3. Select “Take This Course” from the panel on the right. Upon completion;
4. Select “Take Final Exam” from the second panel on the right to receive credit for the course
and to obtain your certificate.