Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Social Enterprise VISTA
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Resale Store Manager, the Social Enterprise VISTA will:
- Assess the needs of the From Our House to Yours Resale Store
- Monitor and maintain store inventory that can be used to fulfill donation requests
- Ensure that the Our House Resale Store locations have the necessary documents and materials to properly track and processes the intake of donations
- Monitor the effectiveness of Donation Center processes and systems and work with job trainees, staff, and volunteers to streamline and improve the processes and systems
- Conduct outreach (in-person, by phone and online) to recruit committed, long-term volunteers and short-term, project volunteers
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers and volunteer projects
- Develop a volunteer program that is specific to the store but that also integrates volunteers into the broader Our House organization
Compensation: This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $12,456 over the course of one year plus a $6,095 Segal Education Award or a $1,800 cash stipend at the completion of a successful year of service. Health insurance is not available but some additional health benefits are available to VISTAs to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTAs who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.
Qualifications: All year-round VISTAs will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must commit to serve full-time (40 hours) for a one-year term.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Desiray Ward, VISTA Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words “Social Enterprise VISTA” in the subject line. Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: