Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Operations Analyst VISTA
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Analyst VISTA will:
- Manage and execute projects independently from conceptualization to implementation
- Build sustainability into projects by finding funding sources such as new grants, training staff as necessary, and ensuring commitment of stakeholders
- Create systems and methods to evaluate the success and efficacy of completed projects
- Assist in the creation and implementation of internal, operations related policies and procedures
- Assess for new technology, support, organization, and structure within the department to enable efficient, streamlined work practices.
- Research potential solutions, create proposals, and coordinate implementation of solutions to identified needs
- Establish a roadmap for campus technology needs with consideration for the organization’s growth and expansion
- Assess other needs and concerns of an expanding campus and organization, such as office space, storage, campus traffic, and parking
- Work in coordination with the Director of Operations to create and implement solutions
- Identify department costs that could be reduced. Research ways of reducing those costs, such as finding new partnerships, vendors, or equipment, then implement cost reduction changes
Compensation: This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of approximately $12,456 over the course of one year plus a $6,095 Segal Education Award or a $1,800 cash stipend at the completion of a successful year of service. Health insurance is not available but some additional health benefits are available to VISTAs to help with the cost of co-pays and other medical expenses. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTAs who qualify. Life insurance and 1 year of non-competitive eligibility are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.
Qualifications: All year-round VISTAs will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. The ideal candidate will embrace Our House’s Guiding Principles of Hard Work, Wise Decision-Making, Our House, Inc. · P.O. Box 34155, Little Rock, Arkansas 72203 · 501-374-7383 · www.ourhouseshelter.org Community, Initiative, Integrity, Safety, and Heart. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will be focused and goal-oriented, who is a reliable member of the Operations team
- Strong analytical skills. Able to critically examine existing practices, assess unrecognized needs, and recommend efficiencies
- Strong ability to learn and adapt, including ability to develop new skills and knowledge to complete projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background in Economics, Management Information Systems, or similar preferred
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident
- Must commit to serve full-time (40 hours a week) for one-year starting October 24, 2019
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, include the title of the position or “Year-Round VISTAs at Our House” if applying to more than one. There are two more steps to the application process after we receive your resume. Apply as soon as possible to begin in late Summer. Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: