Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Development Coordinator, the Development VISTA will:
- Coordinate two large annual Our House fundraising events plus any outside fundraising events
- Serve as point person for event committees
- Recruit volunteers for various Our House fundraising activities
- Solicit and track in-kind donations and volunteers for events
- Coordinate prompt thanking of event donors and volunteers, including thank-you letters, cards, and other communications
- Assist with other development activities including maintaining donor contact information, analyzing donor information, developing reports, preparing mailings, conducting research, requesting donations, thanking donors, and more
Compensation: This is a full-time national service position that provides a living allowance of $12,456 over the course of one year, plus a $6,095 education award or a $1,800 cash stipend at the end of a successful one-year term of service. Health insurance is not available, but some health coverage to help with the cost of copays and other medical expenses is available to VISTAs. Childcare assistance and relocation assistance are available to VISTAs who qualify. One year of non-competitive eligibility for federal employment are also available. Some professional development training opportunities are offered and paid for by Our House. You are responsible for your own housing and other living expenses.
Qualifications: All year-round VISTAs will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission and to national service. The ideal candidate will embrace Our House’s Guiding Principles of Hard Work, Wise Decision-Making, Community, Initiative, Integrity, Safety, and Heart. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Strong people skills. Able to form effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong organizational skills and ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- A United States Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must commit to serve full-time (40 hours a week) for a one-year term starting October 28, 2019
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, include the title of the position or “Year-Round VISTAs at Our House” if applying to more than one. There are two more steps to the application process after we receive your resume. Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: