Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
"Camp Alliance" & The Arkansas National Guard Fierce Resiliency Youth Program
Did you know YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE in a military youths’ life? There are thousands of teen programs across the nation, but few niche programs targeted towards low- income military families and youths. Camp Alliance is a military recognized State and National award-winning organization that provides monetary and community resources directly to our Armed Forces in support of family readiness and resiliency programs.
Camp Alliance has developed a program that will make lasting connections, incorporate tons of fun, and allow military youth to increase their resiliency through supportive relationships and caring mentors; and most of all, an enriched program experience YOU share for years to come.
The Kids in Drill AmeriCorps program will provide much needed support to our country’s national guard and military members who have committed their time and lives to service. While our national guard and military members, many of whom are parents, attend their training and service requirements, AmeriCorps members will provide resiliency-focused camps and services to their children.
- AmeriCorps Members will deliver targeted activities/interventions and lead workshops once a month for military youth (ages 5 - 18 years old) on drill weekends
- Members will also support the Spring Break, Yellow Ribbon, Family Day, &Resiliency Child Youth ,and other events over the course of their service term.
- Members are also required to attend national service events/trainings including 9/11, and MLK Day.
- Members serve 1,200 hours: 11 month AmeriCorps term- Oct 1, 2019- Aug 31, 2020 (Non drill hours weekdays are up to 33 hrs. and rill weekend up to 48 hours) once a month
- Perks: Certifications in Leadership & Influence; Emergency Management; CPR; Project Managment; FEMA Certification
- Benefits: $4266.50 Segal Ed Award; Living Allowance paid biweekly; AD insurance; Loan Forbearance
The Kids in Drill AmeriCorps program will provide much needed support to our country’s national guard and military members who have committed their time and lives to service. While our national guard and military members, many of whom are parents, attend their training and service requirements, AmeriCorps members will provide resiliency-focused camps and services to their children. You will have your “Boots on Ground” experience working side by side with National Guard service members who want to take advantage of this program and serve you as well. Members will have ongoing access to a vulnerable population (i.e., teens and young children)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: