Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Adult Education Life Coach for AmeriCorps
Many Arkansans struggle economically and lack basic academic skills or have limited education backgrounds. Come help adults get educated, get skilled, and get the kind of life they deserve.
- Teach adult learners on a weekly basis, one-on-one or in a classroom setting, to improve their basic skills and workforce readiness.
- Develop individual student plans and help student track goals.
- Provide a continuum of services to span adult education instruction from High School Equivalency to post-secondary education and/or the workforce.
- Provide information on careers, career pathways, and educational requirements.
- Identify the educational and career options appropriate for each student and assist with the analysis of each option, including possible outcomes and their implications.
- Conduct weekly presentations on topics such as job search, interview, and study skills.
- Track student’s progress of academic, career and personal growth by working collaboratively with instructional staff.
- Connect students and adults to support services that will ease the transition to postsecondary education.
- Assist the adult education program in recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers who will provide basic tutoring services.
- Collaborate with civic groups, adult education centers, literacy councils, schools, and other organizations in the community to recruit volunteers and adult learners.
- Receive training for Career Service Providers.
- Assist the adult education program with intake and assessment of adult learners needing services.
- Recruit volunteers.
Service Location: Cities in AR: Conway, De Queen, Clarksville, Paragould, El Dorado, North Little Rock, Monticello, and Helena
Program Benefits: Education award upon successful completion of service, Stipend or Living Allowance ($6,750 annually, which is taxable), Training
Program Start/End Date: 10/5/2020 – 7/31/2021
Accepting Applications: 8/25/2020 – 9/18/2020
Service Areas: Community and Economic Development, Community Outreach, Education
Skills: Counseling, Communications, Computers/technology, Conflict Resolution, Education, First Aid, Leadership, Public Speaking, Recruitment, Teaching/Tutoring, Writing/Editing, Youth Development, General Skills, Team Work
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: