Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Employment Coach AmeriCorps Member
Service Position Title and Type Employment Coach AmeriCorps Member (900 hours)
Name and Address of Program: Our House 302 E. Roosevelt Road Little Rock, AR 72206
Service Location: Our House – Founded in 1987, Our House is a comprehensive program for
the working homeless serving over 1,400 clients annually. Operating on a 7-acre campus in
central Little Rock, Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals
to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and
active participation in the community.
Purpose: Founded in 1987, Our House is a comprehensive program for the working homeless
serving over 2,000 clients annually. Operating on a 7-acre campus in central Little Rock, Our
House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the
workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active
participation in the community. Our House is located at 302 E. Roosevelt Road, Little Rock, AR
Service Position Summary:
The Employment Coach AmeriCorps Member will serve in Our House’s Career Center, which
works with over 600 adults each year through employment and training services, adult
education, and life skills instruction. The Employment Coach AmeriCorps Member will serve
directly on campus, or remotely from home to expand our employment and wrap-around
services by supporting unemployed and underemployed individuals with barriers to
employment, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to find jobs, succeed in jobs, move
up the job ladder, and achieve long-term personal and family goals.
The Employment Coach AmeriCorps Member will serve to meet established outcomes goals for
Our House's AmeriCorps project, including: provide hands-on support to 1,000 Career Center
clients to help them meet their professional and personal goals; and successfully connect 450
unemployed and underemployed individuals with jobs.
When the pandemic hit, the Career Center team started the Our House Jobs & Resources
Hotline to continue serving clients in a way that is safe and respects social distancing guidelines.
The following position responsibilities may be performed in-person at the Career Center or over
phone/email while serving from home and staffing the hotline.
Essential Functions of Position:
• Create and implement programming that builds job search skills and employment
acquisition through ongoing guidance, coaching, and self-esteem building.
• Coach clients through every aspect of the job search process: creating an email account,
building a resume, navigating internet searches, applying for jobs, practice job
interviews, addressing particular barriers to employment, job retention.
• Help to identify employment opportunities for clients of the Career Center and update
the Our House Job Board with details about employment opportunities.
• Communicate and coordinate within the team and across programs to efficiently
provide participants with quality programming and services.
• Connect clients with wrap-around services that support long-term employment
retention, including accessing public benefits, transportation assistance professional
clothing, mental health and substance use services.
• Use the client database to accurately track, record, and report participants’
employment, wages, job status changes and other related data.
• Staff the Our House Jobs & Resources Hotline when working remotely from home.
o Field client calls and make referrals to Our House and community resources.
o Properly document data in Client Contact Log and Our House database.
o Update the COVID-19 Resources to provide clients with accurate information.
• Follow all procedures in the Our House COVID-19 Team Safety Policy.
• Participate in AmeriCorps Days of Service and additional service projects as approved by
the program director.
• Attend Our House National Service Meetings led by the Our House VISTA Leader.
• Attend weekly Our House staff meetings and other meetings as directed by supervisor.
• All members will undergo all required criminal history checks: NSOPW, FBI, and
Arkansas State Police, as well as other states, as necessary.
Marginal Functions of Position:
When called upon, members may be asked to support disaster response and/or
recovery efforts as needed by the State of Arkansas.
COVID-19 Response Activities: Assisting with classroom/equipment sanitization,
assisting with client health entry screening or providing virtual support to clients
receiving resources from home.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: The Employment Coach AmeriCorps Member will be
thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission. All candidates must enjoy working with adults,
have a positive attitude, and serve as a role model for all Our House clients.
Academic and Experience Qualifications: High school diploma or GED required; an adult
education or social services background and/or relevant college courses preferred.
Service Conditions: Service will be performed primarily indoors.
Commitment Required: 40 hours a week for a six (6) month term beginning September 1, 2020
to February 28, 2021 for a total of 900 hours.
Orientation and Training:
• On-site Our House orientation
• First Aid/CPR
• AmeriCorps Arkansas Training
• Any other trainings deemed necessary by the supervisor and/or Program Director
AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
• Living Allowance of $7,070 over the course of the term of service
• $3,097.50 Segal Education Award at the end of a successful service term
• Healthcare coverage
• Student Loan forbearance
Evaluation and Reporting:
Member will participate in mid-term and end-of-term evaluation and review. Member
will submit their hours on a monthly basis and write quarterly reflections.
For more information:
Priscilla Barnes, Human Resources Manager 501-374-7383 ext 137
For more information about AmeriCorps State and National, go to
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, gender,
age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political
affiliation, marital or parental status, genetic information and military service.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: