Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Pulaski County COVID-19 Meal Program AmeriCorps Members
About the Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, those values have energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world. As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service.
Americorps Member – Pulaski County COVID-19 Meal Program
The Clinton Foundation, World Central Kitchen, the City of Little Rock, local school districts, and other organizations began the Pulaski County COVID-19 Meal Program (“PCCMP”) in March 2020 to provide meals to students in Little Rock, Arkansas, whose schools had closed due to the COVID-19 crisis. The program has since been expanded to serve other vulnerable individuals in Pulaski County experiencing food insecurity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meals for the PCCPM are prepared, packaged, and sorted for delivery at the Clinton Presidential Center (“CPC”) in Little Rock, Arkansas by volunteers and CPC staff before being distributed through a network of food trucks, meal distribution partners, and volunteers.
PCCPM partners have implemented strict health and safety protocols at CPC for all staff and volunteers to help minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Program Benefits: Living allowance and education award upon completion of 300 hours of service.
Program Start/End Dates: June 15, 2020 through August 14, 2020
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
Program Location: Clinton Presidential Center, 1200 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock, AR 72201
The AmeriCorps project is in partnership with Our House.
Americorps Members will:
• Help coordinate PCCMP volunteers and staff:
1. Ensure all volunteers and staff who enter CPC follow all health and safety procedures, fill out required forms, sign in, and are directed to the appropriate workspace.
2. Support volunteer managers in assigning and directing volunteers to their tasks during each shift.
• Support PCCMP meal preparation activities:
1. Serve as food assembly line leader, organizing the packing and packaging of meals.
• Coordinate and support PCCMP logistics:
1. Support distribution logistics manager with weekly and daily organization and preparation.
2. Organize bins with meals (“meal distribution bins”) prior to load out.
3. Transport meal distribution bins from CPC premises to trucks and load meal distribution bins onto trucks.
4. Ensure food truck operators and meal distribution partners complete all required health and safety forms and procedures.
5. Assist food trucks operators and meal distribution partners during distribution times.
6. Assist with collecting and cleaning returned meal distribution bins.
• Assist with front of house duties:
1. Perform data entry, as needed and requested.
2. Clean and sanitize admissions desk and high-touch surfaces throughout CPC.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Member must have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment
• Member should respect health and safety protocols; be willing to take direction; and willing to identify solutions to problems in a collaborative way.
Physical and Other Requirements
• Service will be performed primarily indoors with some outdoor work. Some lifting of 30 pounds or less may be required.
• Please be advised that pursuant to the Arkansas Department of Health Directive Regarding Large Indoor Venues, effective May 18, 2020, individuals should not enter large indoor venues if (a) they have fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell; or (b) they have had known exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Please be further advised that the Arkansas Department of Health advises individuals to refrain from entering large indoor venues if they are (a) 65 years of age or older; or (b) have underlying health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma, or weakened immunity. You can review all current directives from the Arkansas Department of Health relating to COVID-19 here: https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/novel-coronavirus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
Share on your newsfeed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: